What should we do in Gatlinburg TN?
Best Things To Do in Gatlinburg
- #1. Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- #2. Mountain Moonshine Tastings.
- #3. Gatlinburg Arts & Crafts Community.
- #4. Ober Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway.
- #5. Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre.
- #6. Gatlinburg Space Needle.
- #7. Ober Gatlinburg Amusement Park and Ski Area.
- #8. Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies.
What can adults do in Gatlinburg?
Read on to discover the best things to do in Gatlinburg for adults.
- 1) Ride the Aerial Tramway.
- 2) Drive the Roaring Fork Motor Trail.
- 3) Rainforest Adventures.
- 4) Whisky & Moonshine Distilleries.
- 5) Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- 6) Wine & Craft Beer Tasting.
- 7) Horseback Riding.
- 8) White Water Rafting.
Is Gatlinburg TN worth visiting?
Filled with endless activities, shows, restaurants, and of course, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, it’s no wonder Gatlinburg is such a popular vacation destination. While visiting Gatlinburg will provide you with lifelong travel memories, there are a few things you need to know before you go.
What is there to do in downtown Gatlinburg?
DOWNTOWN gatlinburg ATTRACTIONS
- Gatlinburg Pinball Museum.
- The Gatlinburg Space Needle.
- IRIS Theater.
- The Captured.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies.
- Ripley’s Davy Crockett Mini-Golf.
- Ripley’s Marvelous Mirror Maze & Ripley’s Candy Factory.
- Ripley’s Haunted Adventure.
Should I stay in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg?
The Perks of Gatlinburg
Closer To the National Park – Gatlinburg is located just outside of the park boundary, while Pigeon Forge is a few miles drive away from park entrances. If you want to spend as much time in the Smokies as possible, this gateway to the national park might be your best place to stay.
How much does it cost to walk across the SkyBridge in Gatlinburg?
The cost of admission is $19.95 for adults, $17.95 for seniors, $14.95 for kids and free for children 3 and under.
How much does it cost to ride the skylift in Gatlinburg?
Monday-Thursday: $19.95 adult, $17.95 senior, $14.95 junior. Friday-Sunday & Holiday: $25.95 adult, $20.95 senior, $16.95 junior.
What is Gatlinburg TN famous for?
Tennessee’s only ski resort resides in Gatlinburg: Ober Gatlinburg, which kicked off back in 1962 and is particularly famed for its aerial tramway. The pinnacle of the city, the Gatlinburg Space Needle, was built in 1969 and continues to offer one heck of a panoramic view of the town and its Smoky Mountain backdrop.
What is the off season in Gatlinburg?
Though Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains are truly a year-round destination, the off–season in Gatlinburg is during January, February, and March. However, these months still see lots of visitors, this “off–season” is simply less busy than other times of the year.
What is the best time of year to go to Gatlinburg?
The best time to visit Gatlinburg is between September and October. The two peak seasons in Gatlinburg are summer (June, July and August) and the month of October, when the fall foliage is at its zenith. July is the busiest month of the summer season, while weekends in October draw the largest crowds in the fall.
How much does a trip to Gatlinburg cost?
A vacation to Gatlinburg for one week usually costs around $1,066 for one person. So, a trip to Gatlinburg for two people costs around $2,132 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs $4,263 in Gatlinburg.
Do you need a car in Gatlinburg?
2. Re: Do you need a car in Gatlinburg? The trolley goes all over Gatlinburg, but only a short distance into the Park. To see much of the area, a car is really needed.
Is Gatlinburg walkable?
Downtown Gatlinburg: Walkable and Charming
Surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains, Gatlinburg is home to a thriving arts and crafts community, one of the area’s only ski resorts, and a charming downtown area. Not bad for a city that is only two miles long by five miles wide!
What can couples do in Gatlinburg?
Here’s our pick of the 9 best (and most romantic) things to do in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
- Explore the Park.
- Do It All at Ober Gatlinburg.
- Get a Bird’s Eye View from the Space Needle.
- Wine Tasting Along the Rocky Top Wine Trail.
- Sample Local Moonshine and Brew.
- Take a Scenic Helicopter Ride.
- Tour the Luxurious Biltmore Estate.
Where can I see bears in Gatlinburg?
The Best Places to See Bears in Gatlinburg
- Cades Cove. Cades Cove is the number one spot for wildlife viewing in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail. The Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail is another one of the best places to see bears in Gatlinburg.
- Ober Gatlinburg Wildlife Encounter.