What is there to do in Traverse City today?
Things to Do in Traverse City: The Ultimate Pure Michigan Guide
- Explore the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Sleeping Bear Dunes | Photo Courtesy of Traverse City Tourism.
- Wander Grand Traverse Commons.
- Celebrate the National Cherry Festival.
- Tour Wine Country.
- Stroll Interlochen Center for the Arts.
- Bask in the Sun at Traverse City Beaches.
- Check Out Slabtown.
- Sail the Tall Ships.
Is Traverse City worth visiting?
Traverse City, the hub of the region, is well worth visiting in its own right. A bustling small city, it boasts excellent farm-to-fork restaurants, boutiques, a hopping nighlife scene (especially in the once industrial Warehouse District), and not one but three friendly, well-stocked bookstores.
What is Traverse City known for?
Traverse City, known as a four-season playground, is now celebrated for quality cuisine, wine and culture. Miles of sugar-sand shoreline include the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore with romantic lighthouses and coastal villages.
How many days do you need in Traverse City?
Three days is just about the perfect amount of time to spend in Traverse City, and here are some suggestions for what to see and do.
Is Traverse City Expensive?
The cost of transportation in Traverse City is more expensive than the United States average and earns a score of 5 out of 10. The cost of housing in Traverse City is equal to the United States average and earns a score of 6 out of 10.
Where should I stay in Traverse City?
- Oviatt House Bed and Breakfast.
- A Breath of Heaven Bed & Breakfast.
- Tamarack Lodge.
- Cherry Tree Inn & Suites.
- Moonlight Bay Resort.
- White Birch Lodge in Elk Rapids.
- Country Hermitage Bed & Breakfast in Williamsburg.
- Inn at Black Star Farms in Suttons Bay.
What is there to do in Traverse City at night?
There’s a place for every night owl!
- The Little Fleet.
- West Bay Beach Holiday Inn Dayclub & View Nightclub.
- Hotel Indigo Rooftop Bar – H&L Social.
- The Parlor.
- 7 Monks Taproom.
- State Street Bar and Grille.
- Kilkenny’s Irish Pub.
- Low Bar, Traverse City’s Speakeasy.
Where is the clearest water in Michigan?
This Swimming Spot Has The Clearest, Most Pristine Water In Michigan. Tucked inland near Traverse City sits one of Michigan’s most beautiful natural treasures: Torch Lake. As the state’s longest and second largest inland lake, Torch Lake is a favorite destination for fishing, boating, and relaxing near the shore.
Is Traverse City Safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Traverse City is 1 in 50. Based on FBI crime data, Traverse City is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Michigan, Traverse City has a crime rate that is higher than 78% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What food is Traverse City known for?
Grand Traverse Pie Company
Traverse City is famous for its cherries and you can’t have a cherry town without a bevy of fine pies.
Is Traverse City a nice place to live?
Traverse City is very much a tourist town. It is a great place to live in the summer time if you don’t mind tourists everywhere and busy traffic. The area is surrounded by gorgeous beaches along Lake Michigan, to the surrounding bays, to inland lakes. The area is also home to an abundance of hiking trails.
Does Amtrak go to Traverse City?
Located in Michigan, Traverse City is accessible by train from one other city. There is only one train to Traverse City per day, operated by Amtrak, but Wanderu will help you book that ticket for the lowest possible price.
How far is Traverse City from Canada?
The total driving distance from Traverse City, MI to Windsor, Canada is 261 miles or 420 kilometers.
What is there to do in Traverse City in the fall?
Things to do in Traverse City in the Fall
- Enjoy the fall colors.
- Visit some wineries/distilleries.
- Tour The Village at Traverse Commons.
- Embrace harvest time.
- Take an afternoon trip to the Sleeping Bear Dunes.
- Explore downtown Traverse City.