What is word processor and examples?
A word processor, or word processing program, does exactly what the name implies. It processes words. It also processes paragraphs, pages, and entire papers. Some examples of word processing programs include Microsoft Word, WordPerfect (Windows only), AppleWorks (Mac only), and OpenOffice.org.
What is word processor in computer?
A word processor (WP) is a device or computer program that provides for input, editing, formatting, and output of text, often with some additional features. The functions of a word processor program fall somewhere between those of a simple text editor and a fully functioned desktop publishing program.
What is word processor class 9?
Word processing mainly involves operations like creating, editing, viewing, searching and replacing, formatting, saving and printing text. Out of these, the most popular is MS Word (Microsoft Office) alongwith PowerPoint and Excel packages. This software needs a windows platform to work in.
What is a word processing easy definition?
: the production of typewritten documents (such as business letters) with automated and usually computerized typing and text-editing equipment.
What are the applications of word processor?
Word Processing is using a computer to create, edit, and print documents. Of all computer applications, word processing is the most commonly used. To perform word processing – a computer, word processing software and a printer are required.
What are Microsoft Word features?
Given below are the basic functions of Microsoft Word:
- Creating text documents.
- Editing and Formatting the existing documents.
- Making a text document interactive with different features and tools.
- Graphical documents, comprising images.
- Used by Authors and Researchers.
- Detect grammatical errors in a text document.
How do you create a word processor?
To create a new blank document:
- Click the Microsoft Office button.
- Select New. The New Document dialog box appears.
- Select Blank document under the Blank and recent section. It will be highlighted by default.
- Click Create. A new blank document appears in the Word window.
Are word processors still available?
As of 2009 there were only two U.S. companies, Classic and AlphaSmart, which still made them. Many older machines, however, remain in use. Since 2009, Sentinel has offered a machine described as a “word processor“, but it is more accurately a highly specialised microcomputer used for accounting and publishing.
What is the best word processor?
Best Word Processor: Top Picks
- 1) Microsoft Word.
- 3) Writer.
- 4) Grammarly.
- 5) Prowritingaid.
- 12) Dragon Naturally Speaking.
- 24) Write Room.
- 27) Byword.
What are the advantages of word processor class 9?
Advantages of Word Processing
- Quality: It produces error free documents.
- Storage of Text: We can take any number of copies with word processor.
- Time Saving: We can get any number of copies of document in future without retyping.
- Security: We can protect the documents in word processing by giving passwords.
How do you print a document Class 9?
Step 1: Click the Microsoft Office button. Step 2: Select Save As —> Word 97-2003 Document. The Save As dialog box will appear. Step 3: Select the location, where you want to save a document using the drop down menu.
The basic features of printing in MS-Word 2007 are as follows:
- Quick Print.
- Print Preview.
What are templates Class 9?
Templates are documents that were already designed. All you have to do is replace the sample text with your own.
What is another word for word processing?
In this page you can discover 14 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for word processor, like: editor, text editor, data processor, word processing program, word processing system, wordpad, notepad, spell check, word processing, clarisworks and null.
What is word processing and its advantages?
Advantages of word processors 1) It is faster and easier than writing by hand. 2) You can store documents on your computer, which you cannot do on a typewriter. 4) There are more formatting choices with a word processor (the spelling, grammar and language tools). 5) You can print copies of your documents.
What are the word processing skills?
Basic Word Processing Skills:
- add text.
- enter text.
- format text: font, style, size, and color.
- adjust line spacing.
- insert and format WordArt.
- insert and format clip art or picture file.
- modify the text wrap of an object.
- draw and format shapes.