What is an example of agape love?
Agape love can be found in the people who dedicate their lives to helping others for the good of humanity. Teachers, nurses, or people who dedicate themselves to others are expressing agape love. Another example of agape love is in the Bible, where God’s love for all of humanity is expressed throughout the literature.
What does agape mean in Hebrew?
Love, an English word with such a broad implication. In Hebrew there are nine words that appear in the Bible for love. In the subject verse, the Greek word used is agape, which the Lexicons define as affection, good will, love, benevolence, brotherly love, charity.
What is the difference between love and agape love?
This love is companionable and relational. It’s brotherly and friendship love. While agape is a more universally understood meaning of love that is shown to a person from no doing of their own, I’m intrigued that Jesus chose to use ‘phileo’ as a way to force Peter to think deeper.
Can a person have agape love?
Agape love is not easy and does not come naturally to most of us. It is a choice we make to serve others with humility, without expecting anything in return. This type of love enables us to love the unlovable and serve people at their deepest need, whether they deserve it or not.
What are the 4 types of love?
The four loves
- Storge – empathy bond.
- Philia – friend bond.
- Eros – romantic love.
- Agape – unconditional “God” love.
What is the highest form of love?
- Agape (Ancient Greek ἀγάπη, agapē) is a Greco-Christian term referring to unconditional love, “the highest form of love, charity” and “the love of God for man and of man for God”.
- Within Christianity, agape is considered to be the love originating from God or Christ for humankind.
What is God’s love called?
Agape, Greek agapē, in the New Testament, the fatherly love of God for humans, as well as the human reciprocal love for God. In Scripture, the transcendent agape love is the highest form of love and is contrasted with eros, or erotic love, and philia, or brotherly love.
What are the 3 types of love?
3 Types of Love: Eros, Agape, and Philos.
What is another word for agape?
What is another word for agape?
What are the 7 types of love?
What Are The 7 Types of Love?
- Eros: Love of the body. This type of love illustrates sexual attraction, physical desire towards others, and a lack of control.
- Philia: Affectionate love.
- Storge: Love of the Child.
- Agape: Selfless Love.
- Ludus: Playful Love.
- Pragma: Long-lasting Love.
- Philautia: Love of the Self.
What are the 5 types of Love?
Summary. There are five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Acts of Service, Receiving Gifts, Quality Time, and Physical Touch. Each one is important and expresses love in its own way.
How do you express agape love?
I was going to list out different ways that this is shown in different relationships, but they really all come down to the same things:
- respect differences.
- ask his opinion.
- be honest if there is a problem.
- pray for their spiritual growth.
- don’t make assumptions.
- don’t grumble about them behind their backs.
What are the characteristics of agape love?
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
- Love does not delight in evil, or rub it in.
- Love rejoices with the truth, and is happy when truth wins out.
- Love always protects, supports, bears.
- Love always trusts, & believes in.
- Love always hopes.
- Love always perseveres and never gives up.
What exactly is unconditional love?
Unconditional love, simply put, is love without strings attached. It’s love you offer freely. You don’t base it on what someone does for you in return. You simply love them and want nothing more than their happiness.
What is agape love in marriage?
Agape Love. Agape love is the stuff that holds a marriage—and a family—together through all kinds of seasons. It’s the selfless, unconditional type of love that helps people to forgive one another, to respect one another, and to serve one another, day in and day out.