How do I get rid of other on my iPhone?
You can’t get rid of Other entirely, but you can sometimes reduce its size. First, let’s try clearing your Safari caches. Open Settings > Safari and choose Clear History and Website Data. If you have a lot of Safari tabs open on your iPhone, you might want to close most of them, too.
How much other storage on iPhone is normal?
Typically, the “Other” or “System” category in your iPhone, iPad, or Mac storage shouldn’t use more than 10 GB of space. Of course, when you only have a 16 GB device, that already sounds like far too much. But for some users, “Other” grows much bigger than 10 GB, swelling to 50 GB or more.
Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
iCloud is a syncing/mirroring service that syncs all of your data across of your devices making them available to you. If your iPhone storage is full, you will have to remove data. You can also use the ‘Optimize Phone Storage‘ feature to reduce the resolution/quality of the photos on the device.
How do I get rid of other storage?
On Android, go to Settings > Storage > Free up space. To delete an app, tap the empty box to the right to select and then tap Free up.
How do I clear storage on my iPhone?
Delete content manually
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > [device] Storage.
- Select any app to see how much space it uses.
- Tap Delete App. Some apps, such as Music and Videos, let you delete parts of their documents and data.
- Install the update again.
What do I do when my iPhone storage is full?
21 Fixes for the iPhone “Storage Almost Full” Message
- TIP #1: Delete unused apps.
- Tip #2: Delete preinstalled apps data.
- Tip #3: Find out which apps are taking up the most space.
- Tip #4: Mass purge old conversations.
- Tip #5: Turn off Photo Stream.
- Tip #6: Don’t keep HDR photos.
- Tip #7: Listen to your music with pCloud.
- Tip #8: Clear out your photo editing apps.
How do I reduce storage on my iPhone?
Erase All Content And Settings
If the iPhone System storage problem persists, we recommend erasing all content and settings on your iPhone. This reset will erase everything on your iPhone — your photos, contacts, songs, custom Settings, and more. It should also clear out the System files taking up storage space.
How do I manually backup my iPhone?
Back up iPhone
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup. iCloud automatically backs up your iPhone daily when iPhone is connected to power, locked, and on Wi-Fi.
- To perform a manual backup, tap Back Up Now.
Why is my iPhone saying Storage full when it’s not?
If you have turned on iCloud backup and the iCloud storage is full, you will see iPhone storage full message on your phone, even there is nothing on your local iPhone or you have deleted some large documents just now. Go to your iPhone Settings > tap Your Name > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups > Delete Backup.