Whats does conduct mean?
1: a mode or standard of personal behavior especially as based on moral principles questionable conduct. 2: the act, manner, or process of carrying on: management praised for his conduct of the campaign. 3 obsolete: escort, guide.
What is an example of conduct?
An example of conduct is to lead a meeting. An example of conduct is to lead an orchestra. The definition of conduct means a person’s behavior. An example of conduct is the following of all the rules at a school.
How do you use the word conduct?
- [S] [T] We’re conducting a survey. (
- [S] [T] I have an investigation to conduct. (
- [S] [T] His conduct was admirable. (
- [S] [T] I am ashamed of my conduct. (
- [S] [T] Metals conduct electricity. (
- [S] [T] I am ashamed of your conduct. (
- [S] [T] I don’t approve of his conduct.
- [S] [T] Copper conducts electricity well. (
How do you use conduct in a sentence?
Conducted sentence example
- We conducted one more test before lunch.
- According to his notes, far more experiments were conducted than were ever discussed with us.
- Our group conducted only three cases as we now called them and none were noteworthy.
What is proper conduct?
Proper Conduct means any action or conduct of the Indemnitee if all of the following are true with respect thereto: (i) the Indemnitee acted in good faith, (ii) the Indemnitee acted in a manner the Indemnitee reasonably believed to be in or not opposed to the best interests of the Corporation and its subsidiaries and
What type of word is conduct?
noun. personal behavior; way of acting; bearing or deportment. direction or management; administration: the conduct of a business. the act of conducting; guidance: The curator’s conduct through the museum was informative.
What are the 6 codes of conduct?
The Code of Conduct
- I. I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life.
- II. I will never surrender of my own free will.
- III. If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available.
- IV. If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners.
What are the 5 codes of conduct?
What are the five codes of ethics?
- Professional competence.
- Professional behavior.
What are the code of conduct?
A well-written code of conduct clarifies an organization’s mission, values and principles, linking them with standards of professional conduct. It can also serve as a valuable reference, helping employees locate relevant documents, services and other resources related to ethics within the organization.
What is code of conduct with example?
A code of conduct defines how a company’s employees should act on a day-to-day basis. It reflects the organization’s daily operations, core values and overall company culture. As a result, every code of conduct is unique to the organization it represents.
What is conduct and behavior?
The difference between Behavior and Conduct. When used as nouns, behavior means human conduct relative to social norms, whereas conduct means the act or method of controlling or directing. Conduct is also verb with the meaning: to lead, or guide.
What is personal conduct?
personal conduct (uncountable) A set of precepts that one individual tries to observe in daily life. For example, precepts of preserving human life, speaking truthfully, or being nice to people. His personal conduct is above reproach. The way a person behaves.
How do you describe someone’s conduct?
List of Words that Describe Behavior
- Active: always busy with something.
- Ambitious: strongly wants to succeed.
- Cautious: being very careful.
- Conscientious: taking time to do things right.
- Creative: someone who can make up things easily or think of new things.
- Curious: always wanting to know things.
- Logical: using clear and sound reasoning.
What is the similar meaning of conduct?
Some common synonyms of conduct are control, direct, and manage. While all these words mean “to use one’s powers to lead, guide, or dominate,” conduct implies taking responsibility for the acts and achievements of a group.
What is the opposite word of conduct?
Antonyms for conduct
neglect, ignorance, mismanagement, disregard, disorganization.