How do I fix my chromecast not working?
- Reboot the following devices: Wi-Fi router.
- Turn Wi-Fi off and on from the mobile device you’re using to set up the Chromecast device.
- If you have a dual band router, try setting up Chromecast on either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands.
- Perform a factory reset. Factory reset your Chromecast.
How do I reset my chromecast?
While the Chromecast is plugged into the TV and powered, press and hold the button on the back of the Chromecast. The LED will start blinking yellow. When the LED light turns solid white, release the button and the Chromecast will then reset.
Why is Google home not finding my chromecast?
If your Google Home still can’t find Chromecast during setup, make sure your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network you intend to connect your Chromecast device to. Make sure your Google Home app can connect to the network. To do this, check that your Android is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
Why can’t I cast to my TV from my phone?
Make sure that your device and the TV are connected to the same home network. Make sure the Chromecast built-in or Google Cast Receiver app is not disabled in Android TV™. Press the HOME button on the remote control. Select Apps — See all apps — Show system apps — Chromecast built-in or Google Cast Receiver — Enable.
How do I relink my chromecast?
Once you’ve got the Chromecast in-hand—still plugged into the power and TV! —just press the one and only physical button on the side of the unit for roughly eight seconds. The Chromecast’s indicator light will blink while you’re holding the button—slowly at first, then faster once it gets closer to resetting.
Why does chromecast take so long to connect?
Disconnect the Chromecast by removing the power cable. Then and reconnect by plugging the cable back in. Turn the Wi-Fi off and on from the device you want to connect to your Chromecast. Finally, if your router has 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands make sure your devices connect to the 2.4GHz band.
How do I reconnect my chromecast to WiFi?
Change the Wi-Fi network of Chromecast or Chromecast Audio
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Chromecast device.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap your device.
- At the top right corner, tap Settings Wi-Fi Forget this network.
- You’ll be taken back to your Home screen.
How do I update my chromecast?
Updates to your Chromecast
- Your Google Home app will provide indication of the setup progress.
- You can check the status of your update on the TV.
- You can use the LED on the side of the Chromecast to verify it is still receiving the update.
- The update typically takes up to 10 minutes.
Why is my chromecast not connecting to WiFi?
Make sure your Chromecast is connected to the same WiFi network. Reset your Chromecast by holding the reset button your dongle for 25 seconds. Reset your modem or router. Move your router closer to your Chromecast.
Why is Netflix not working on my chromecast?
Make sure the Netflix app is up to date.
You can check for updates in the App Store or in Google Play. Android devices must be running Netflix app version 2.4 or higher. If your device is not able to download the Netflix app directly from the Google Play Store, you may be unable to use the device with Chromecast.
Why is my TV not showing up on chromecast?
Step 2: Make sure your computer and Chromecast device are on the same Wi-Fi network. Make sure your computer and the Chromecast device are on the same Wi-Fi network. Chrome can’t see Chromecast devices on different networks. Click the cast button and look for your device to be listed.
Why will screen mirroring not work?
Screen mirroring usually works over a WiFi connection and so you do not need Bluetooth enabled on your TV. Since Bluetooth is a wireless technology, it may cause interference with your connection. Turn the Bluetooth feature off on your TV and then try again.
How can I cast my phone screen to my TV without chromecast?
Cast Your Android Screen To The TV Without Using Chromecast
- Step 1: Go to the Quick Settings Tray. Swipe down on your phone to access your notification drawer.
- Step 2: Look for your Smart TV. After enabling the screencast feature, find your TV on the list of compatible devices near you that popped up.
- Step 3: Enjoy!
How do you know if your TV has chromecast?
Make sure that the Google Cast™ Receiver or Chromecast Built-in app is enabled.
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options: Select Apps → See all apps → Google Cast Receiver or Chromecast built-in → Enable.