What can I do with pulled pork besides sandwiches?
11 Best Leftover Pulled Pork Recipes (Besides Sandwiches)
- Smoked Pulled Pork Nachos.
- Pulled Pork Gyros.
- Pulled Pork Loaded Sweet Potato Fries.
- Mexican Posole Soup.
- Pulled Pork Shepherd’s Pie.
- Pulled Pork Tacos with Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Salsa Verde Pulled Pork Burritos.
- Pulled Pork Enchiladas (Pork Carnitas)
What goes well with pulled pork?
What to Serve with Pulled Pork: 15 Party-Worthy Sides
- Sweet Corn Fritters.
- Honey Butter Biscuits.
- Spicy Collard Greens.
- Onion and Tomato Curtido Salad.
- Macaroni Salad.
- Cucumber Tomato Salad.
How can I eat pulled pork without bread?
Here are 10 ideas for serving pulled pork – without serving it on a bun:
- Mashed potatoes.
- Tortillas (corn or flour)
- Added to chili.
- Added to poached eggs, kimchi and potato cakes.
- In a wrap with hummus (or beet humus)
- Added to a simple salad (like this arugula salad)
How long does pulled pork last in fridge?
Your refrigerated pork will last for around 4 days in the fridge or for approximately 2 to 3 months if you choose to freeze it. After that time, the pork is still ok to eat, but it might start to get a little freezer burn.
Is Pulled Pork healthy?
While chicken is lower in fat and calories, pulled pork is a better source of protein. A 3-ounce portion of the ready-made pulled chicken contains 5 grams of protein and 15 grams of carbohydrates, while the pulled pork contains 11 grams of protein and 15 grams of carbohydrates.
Do you put cheese on pulled pork sandwiches?
You totally can! We went with a sharp cheddar cheese because we love the flavor combined with the rich pulled pork. But here are some other options, too! Monterey Jack Cheese or Pepper Jack for a little spice!
What bread goes with pulled pork?
Which bread or buns are the best to use for pulled pork sandwiches? For traditional pulled pork sandwiches, we recommend using brioche or kaiser rolls since they are soft and fluffy, making them perfect for biting into.
What’s the best BBQ sauce for pulled pork?
Here are the results, from the least favorite to most favorite BBQ sauce:
- Trader Joe’s Kansas City BBQ Sauce.
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Original.
- Bull’s-Eye Original.
- Stubb’s Smokey Mesquite.
- Hunt’s Original BBQ Sauce.
- Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce. This bottled BBQ sauce had a lot going on.
- Jack Daniel’s Original No. 7 Recipe.
Can I freeze pulled pork?
Can you freeze pulled pork? Yes, you can freeze pulled pork, but only either before you cook it like with this BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe or our make-ahead Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork or after. This is because you only want the meat to be frozen and thawed one time for food safety.
How do you shred pulled pork?
How to Shred Pulled Pork
- Place the cooked meat on a large cutting board. Use a large knife to cut the meat into large pieces.
- Insert two forks into a piece of meat and pull in opposite directions to get long, thin shreds. Repeat with remaining meat.
Can I eat cooked pork after 5 days?
USDA recommends using cooked leftovers within three to four days. There are two different families of bacteria: pathogenic bacteria, the kind that cause foodborne illness, and spoilage bacteria, the kind of bacteria that cause foods to deteriorate and develop unpleasant odors, tastes, and textures.
How long should Pulled pork rest before pulling?
Return pork to the grill (or smoker) The pork is finished cooking when it pulls apart easily and reaches an internal temperature of 190 to 195 degrees F, about another 1 to 2 hours. Let rest for 1 hour, then unwrap the pork butt and pull the bone out.
Does pulled pork go bad?
It is dangerous to eat bad pulled pork, or in any case, bad meat even after cooking it. You will immediately notice that your pulled meat gives out a rancid odor, feels moldy, or looks slimy and gray if your meat is stale.